Thursday, May 22, 2008

Update on May 5-22-08

I tried to leave a posting yesterday, but I now realize all I did was add a comment to some other topic.

Here is what I wrote yesterday:
I am taking Mom to University Hospital at 7:15 tomorrow morning. The yhave a meeting every other week with dermatology specialists from UH and Cleveland Clinic. Mom's case was submitted for review and was accepted.They will eveluate Mom then talk amongst themselves and send a recommendation for treatment to her dermatologist. I gather this will cover wether or not they recommend more surgery or just radiation.One of the country's top specialists on Merkel Cell Carcinoma is Linda Wang at Dana Farber. I wonder if we should try to get Mom in there.

I took mom this morning. Mom had 2 more "bumps" appear overnight. There were many students that came in to take a look. Afterwards they were going to discuss the case and make a recommendation. As of 4:30 PM no word yet.

I am concerned if they recommend surgery before radiation because Merkel Cell Carcinoma is very aggressive and I would hate to see the radiation being delayed until she heels. I told mom to have the doctor call me if that is what is recommended.

No comments: